Regenerating the philosophy of education : what happened to soul?
- New York : Peter Lang, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 245 p. ; 24 cm.
- Counterpoints (New York, N.Y.) v. 352.
LB1707 .R445 2011
- Unknown LB1707 .R445 2011
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The philosophical soul: where did soul come from? where did it go? / Shirley R. Steinberg
- Eyes of the education faculty: Derrida, philosophy, and teacher education in the postmodern university / Dennis Carlson
- Lost soul: the eradication of philosophy from schools of education / Robert V. Bullough, Jr. and Craig Kridel
- "It's just the way things are": the lamentable erosion of philosophy in teacher education / Paul Theobald and Clifton S. Tanabe
- The practitioner has no clothes: resisting practice divorced from philosophy in teacher education and the classroom / P.L. Thomas and Ed Weichel
- After Socrates: community of philosophical inquiry and the new world order / David Kennedy
- (Re)placing: foundations in education: politics of survival in conservative times / John E. Petrovic and Aaron M. Kunz
- Vocational education and the continuing struggle for critical democratic pedagogy / James H. Adams and Natalie G. Adams
- Indigenous knowledge and the challege for rethinking conventional educational philosophy: a Ghanaian case study / George J. Sefa Dei and Marlon Simmons
- No room for wonder / Clar Doyle and John Hoben
- Philosophy applied to education, revisited / Barbara J. Thayer-Bacon
- Cultivating unique potential in schools: revisioning democratic teacher education / Craig A. Cunningham
- Pluralism and praxis: philosophy of education for teachers / David A. Granger and Jane Fowler Morse
- Taking teacher education into alien terrain: the future of educational theorizing / Susan Schramm-Pate
- On the importance of philosophy to the study of teachers / Greg Seals
- Philosophy of education: looking back to the crossroads and forward to the possibilities / Douglas J. Simpson and Lee S. Duemer
- Education, philosophy, and the cultivation of humanity / William B. Stanley
- A critical complex epistemology of practice / Joe L. Kincheloe
- Appendix 1: the southern epistemology / Joe L. Kincheloe
- Appendix 2: soul / Joe L. Kincheloe.
- Publication date
- Joe L. Kincheloe and Randall Hewitt, editors, introduction by Shirley R. Steinberg.
- Counterpoints: studies in the postmodern theory of education ; v. 352