Handbook of applied behavior analysis
- New York : Guilford Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 544 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
LB3013 .H335 2011
- Unknown LB3013 .H335 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Part I: Introduction. Fisher, Groff, Roane, Applied Behavior Analysis: History, Philosophy, Principles, and Basic Methods. Part II: Basic Principles and Concepts. Donahoe, Vegas, Respondent (Pavlovian) Conditioning. Catania, Basic Operant Contingencies: Main Effects and Side Effects. Mace, Pratt, Zangrillo, Steege, Schedules of Reinforcement. Spradlin, Simon, Stimulus Control and Generalization. Saunders, A Stimulus Control Analysis of Early Reading Skills. Part III: Measurement, Design, and Methodological Issues. Kahng, Ingvarsson, Quigg, Seckinger, Teichman, Defining and Measuring Behavior. Roane, Rihgdahl, Kelley, Glover, Single-case Experimental Designs. Part IV: Behavioral Assessment. Piazza, Roane, Karsten, Identifying and Enhancing the Effectiveness of Positive Reinforcement. Wacker, Berg, Harding, Cooper-Brown, Functional and Structural Approaches to Behavioral Assessment of Problem Behavior. Kelley, LaRue, Roane, Gadaire, Indirect Behavioral Assessments: Interviews and Rating Scales. Thompson, Borrero, Direct Observation. Betz, Fisher, Functional Analysis: History and Methods. Part V: Interventions for Increasing Desirable Behavior. Hanley, Tiger, Differential Reinforcement Procedures. Noell, Call, Ardoin, Building Complex Repertoires from Discrete Behaviors by Establishing Stimulus Control, Behavioral Chains, and Strategic Behavior. Tincani, Bondy, Crozier, Teaching Verbal Behavior. Reid, O'Kane, Macurik, Staff Training and Management. Part VI: Interventions for Decreasing Problem Behavior. Smith, Developing Antecedent Interventions for Problem Behavior. Vollmer, Athens, Developing Function-based Extinction Procedures for Problem Behavior. Fisher, Bouxsein, Developing Function-based Reinforcement Procedures for Problem Behavior. Lerman, Toole, Developing Function-based Punishment Procedures for Problem Behavior. Boerke, Reitman, Token Economies. Part VII: Subspecialties. Martens, Daly III, Begeny, VanDerHeyden, Behavioral Approaches to Education. Kodak, Grow, Behavioral Treatment of Autism. Miltenberger, Gross, Teaching Safety Skills to Children. Friman, Piazza, Behavioral Pediatrics: Integrating Applied Behavior Analysis with Pediatric Medicine. Silverman, Kaminski, Higgins, Brady, Behavior Analysis and Treatment of Drug Addiction. LeBlanc, Raetz, Feliciano, Behavioral Gerontology. Part VIII: Professional Issues. O'Donohue, Ferguson, Behavior Analysis and Ethics. Shook, Johnston, Training and Professional Certification in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Describing the state of the science of applied behavior analysis (ABA), this comprehensive Handbook provides detailed information about theory, research, and intervention. The contributors are leading ABA authorities who present current best practices in behavioral assessment and demonstrate evidence-based strategies for supporting positive behaviors and reducing problem behaviors. Conceptual, empirical, and procedural building blocks of ABA are reviewed and specific applications described in education, autism treatment, addiction treatment, and other areas. The volume also addresses crucial professional and ethical issues, making it a complete reference and training tool for ABA practitioners and students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Wayne W. Fisher, Cathleen C. Piazza, Henry S. Roane.
- Title Variation
- Applied behavior analysis