Educating from the heart : theoretical and practical approaches to transforming education
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 172 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LC995 .E38 2011
- Unknown LC995 .E38 2011
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Developing spirit related capacities of children and adolescents / Aostre N. Johnson
- Supporting inner wisdom in public schools / Tobin Hart
- Developing mindfulness and emotional self regulation in American education / Anthony Quintiliani
- Nurturing the spirit through literature / Ann Trousdale
- The six passages of childhood: a model for school-based rites of passage / Rachael Kessler and Laura Weaver
- Paying attention to the whole self / Peter Perkins
- Deepening presence and interconnection in the classroom / Jacqueline Kaufman
- The yogi in the classroom / Donald Tinney
- Simple in means, rich in ends / Sara Caldwell
- The inner life of teaching / Joyce Kemp
- Integrating the spirit with total body fitness / Sue Wood and Deb Higgins
- Stress reduction in a middle level social studies class / Deborah Thomsen-Taylor
- Teaching children empathy / Jessica Toulis
- Counseling from the heart / Madelyn Nash
- Nurturing children's inner resources: an elementary school guide / Auriel Gray
- Conclusion / Aostre N. Johnson and Marilyn Webb Neagley.
- Publication date
- edited by Aostre N. Johnson and Marilyn Webb Neagley ; foreword by Paul D. Houston.