Diversity in American higher education : toward a more comprehensive approach
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xx, 285 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LC3731 .D58 2011
- Unknown LC3731 .D58 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ethnic and social class disparities in academic skills: their origins and consequences / Meredith Phillips
- Inside the K-12 pipeline for black and latino students / Amanda E. Lewis and Michelle J. Manno
- Testing, no child left behind, and educational equity / Linda Darling-Hammond
- A long view on "diversity": a century of American college admissions debates / Lisa M. Stulberg and Anthony S. Chen
- The diversity imperative in elite admissions / Mitchell L. Stevens and Josipa Roksa
- The diversity rationale: its limitations for educational practice / Mitchell J. Chang and Maria C. Ledesma
- The official organization of diversity in American higher education: a retreat from race? / Anthony Lising Antonio and Chris Gonzalez Clarke
- Trends in the education of underrepresented racial minority students / Peter Teitelbaum
- Gender equity in higher education / Claudia Buchmann and Thomas A. DiPrete
- LGBT students, faculty, and staff: past, present, and future directions / Debbie Bazarsky and Ronni Sanlo
- Identifying talent, interrupting the usual: diversifying the faculty / Daryl G. Smith
- Asian Americans and diversity talk: the limits of the numbers game / Dana Takagi
- Conservative critics and conservative college students: variations in discourses of exclusion / Amy J. Binder and Kate Wood
- Explaining professors' politics: is it a matter of self-selection? / Neil Gross and Catherine Cheng
- Experiences of exclusion and marginalization: a study at the individual student level / Bonita London, Vanessa Anderson, and Geraldine Downey
- HBCUS: continued relevance in the new century / Sarah Willie-LeBreton
- The role of women's colleges in the 21st century / Leslie Miller-Bernal
- The new financial aid policies: their impact on access and equity for low-income students / Bridget Terry Long
- Improving assessments of faculty diversity / Sharon Lawner Weinberg
- New legal perspectives: implications for diversity in the post-Grutter era / Lia Epperson.
- Publication date
- edited by Lisa M. Stulberg and Sharon Lawner Weinberg.