Access, equity, and capacity in Asia-Pacific higher education
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 232 p. ; 22 cm.
- International & development education.
LB2351.4 .P16 A23 2011
- Unknown LB2351.4 .P16 A23 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Access, equity and capacity are elements within the higher education environment that interact in complex ways to effect virtually all other aspects of such institutions. This volume examines various features of how these concepts are generated, transformed throughout policy environments, and deployed across the complex differences of higher education in ten countries in the Asia-Pacific Region. The book's contributors assert that at virtually every turn issues of quality are deeply implicated with how these three dimensions occur within these diverse institutional environments"-- Provided by publisher.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Universities and colleges > Pacific Area > Admission > Congresses.
- Universities and colleges > East Asia > Admission > Congresses.
- Education, Higher > Pacific Area > Case studies > Congresses.
- Education, Higher > East Asia > Case studies > Congresses.
- Educational equalization > Pacific Area > Case studies > Congresses.
- Educational equalization > East Asia > Case studies > Congresses.
- Publication date
- edited by Deane Neubauer and Yoshiro Tanaka.
- International and development education
- "East-West Center"--Cover.
- Product of a seminar held from July 21- 25, 2008, in Chia-ya, Taiwan, hosted by the National Chung Cheng University.