Fifty years of university education in Nigeria : evolution, achievements, and future directions
- [Ilorin, Nigeria] : University of Ilorin and National Universities Commission, 2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 581 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LA1633 .F54 2010
- Unknown LA1633 .F54 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The beginnings and evolution of university education in Nigeria / Babs Fafunwa
- Highlights of historical development of university education in Nigeria / Michael Omolewa
- An overview of the philosophical, historical, political, and socio-economic factors that have impacted on the development of universities in Nigeria / A.A. Jekayinfa ... [et al.]
- Phases in the development of a Nigerian university : the University of Ilorin experience / Is-haq O. Oloyede
- Policy directives at the systems level : NUC's response over the years / Julius Okojie
- Funding : a vexed issue in university education / Ayu Sijuwola
- Accreditation : its benefits and challenges / A.G.A.S. Oladosu
- Accreditation of Nigerian universities : the practice, benefits, and challenges / Ifeoma A. Archibong
- Peculiar challenges of state government-owned universities / J.O. Faniran
- Prospects and challenges of private universities in Nigeria / H.O.B. Oloyede and Bola Adekola
- Prospects and challenges of private universities in Nigeria : focus on Islamic missions' universities / Ibrahim Rafiu Adebayo
- Towards a viable self-sufficiency in university funding / C.N. Abimbola and B.O. Badmus
- The Nigerian university system since independence : challenges, uncertainties, and innovative survival strategies / Oye Ibidapo-Obe
- Managerial competences : veritable tools for higher institutional survival / Olufolake Oyeyemi
- Contributions of information and communication technology (ICT) to institutional management and academic work : the UNILORIN experience / O.V. Mejabi and S.A. Raji
- Managing student-flow in Nigerian universities : the UNILORIN experience / K.I. Ayorinde and F.A.O. Olasehinde-Williams
- Contributions of Nigerian universities over the years to knowledge and development in linguistics and language / Victoria A. Alabi and Mahfouz A. Adedimeji
- Enhancing the contributions of Nigerian academics and institutions to knowledge and development in mathematics / Sam O. Ale
- Contributions of Nigerian universities to agricultural development in Nigeria / J.O. Atteh
- Legal education in Nigeria in the 21st century : challenges and prospects / Abdulwahab Egbewole and Yusuf Ibrahim Arowosaiye
- The university as an element in the law and development matrix : an appraisal of 50 years of legal education in Nigeria / John Adebisi Arewa
- Entrepreneu[r]ship education in Nigerian universities / Jackson O. Ofujide
- Developing and implementing an institutional research policy / Olugbenga Mokuolu
- Filling functional gaps in university education in Nigeria / Isaac Olawale Albert
- The future of university education in Nigeria : distance learning in the universities / Olugbemiro Jegede
- The global meltdown : an opportunity to refocus the triple mandate of universities / Pai Obanya
- World-class status for Nigerian universities : goals, challenges, and pathways / Peter Okebukola
- System-wide and institutional level prerequisites for building world-class universities in Nigeria / Pai Obanya.
- Publication date
- edited by Julius Okojie, Is-haq Oloyede & Pai Obanya.
- Title Variation
- 50 years of university education in Nigeria