- 2nd ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, c2011.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Library has: v.1-
TP248.15 .C66 2011 V.1
TP248.15 .C66 2011 V.2
TP248.15 .C66 2011 V.3
TP248.15 .C66 2011 V.4
TP248.15 .C66 2011 V.5
TP248.15 .C66 2011 V.6
- Library has: v.1-
- Moo-Young, Murray.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Scientific fundamentals of biotechnology / volume editor, Michael Butler
- v. 2. Engineering fundamentals of biotechnology / volume editor, Colin Webb
- v. 3. Industrial biotechnology and commodity products / volume editor, Antonio Moreira
- v. 4. Agricultural and related biotechnologies / volume editor, Bernard Grodzinski
- v. 5. Medical biotechnology and healthcare / volume editor, Zhanfeng Cui
- v. 6. Environmental biotechnology and safety / volume editor, Spiros N. Agathos.
- Publisher's Summary
- The second edition of "Comprehensive Biotechnology" continues the tradition of the first inclusive work on this dynamic field by presenting up-to-date and essential entries on the principles and practice of biotechnology. The integration of the latest relevant science and industry practice with fundamental biotechnology concepts is presented with entries from internationally recognized world-leaders in their given fields. With two volumes covering basic fundamentals, and four volumes of applications, from environmental biotechnology and safety to medical biotechnology and healthcare, this work serves the needs of newcomers as well as established experts combining the latest relevant science and industry practice in a manageable format. Six volumes linked and enhanced with electronic components defines the dynamic and multi-displinary nature of biotechnology research, applications, and tools. Revision of one of the most highly praised comprehensives of our time. It is edited by an international board including nobel laureates in medicine, chemistry, and physics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editor-in-chief, Murray Moo-Young.
- Title Variation
- Subtitle on cover: Principles and practices in industry, agriculture, medicine and the environment
- Previous ed.: Oxford: Pergamon, 1985.