Say it with presentations [electronic resource] : how to design and deliver successful business presentations
- Zelazny, Gene.
- Rev. and expanded.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2006.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (viii, 166 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- So you've been asked to give a presentation
- Audience's bill of rights
- Define the situation
- Why are you giving this presentation?
- Whom do you want to convince?
- How much time do you have for the presentation?
- What medium should you use?
- Design the presentation
- Determine your message
- Craft the story line
- Write the introduction
- Plan the ending
- Say it with imagination
- Where does imagination come from?
- Designing text visuals
- Ensuring legibility
- Build a storyboard
- Prepare for the presentation
- Deliver the presentation
- Project confidence, conviction, enthusiasm
- Rehearse : the search for imperfection
- Set up the facilities and the equipment
- Apply delivery skills
- Work with your visual aids
- Get used to answering questions
- Take humor seriously
- Listen to the silence
- The 10 commandments of successful presentations
- Say it with presentations checklist.
- Publisher's Summary
- For over 45 years, McKinsey & Company's Gene Zelazny has been showing McKinsey consultants and professionals around the world how to plan, design, and deliver effective business presentations_and how to improve and expand their repertoire of presentation skills. Now in this revised and expanded edition of Say It With Presentations, Mr. Zelazny brings together his years of valuable communication experience to show managers_even those with little or no presentation experience_how to prepare winning presentations using his proven methodology and the full range of PowerPoint techniques. Written in a clear, highly engaging style, this essential business tool covers everything from defining the situation!to developing the right mix of visual aids to interest your audience without overpowering them. Say It With Presentations features a wealth of practical information on: Selecting the best medium_traditional standup presentation, discussion meeting, video conference, or virtual presentation Designing your presentation_knowing what to put in and what to leave out Determining your message_how to make it clear, direct, and appropriate for the intended audience Writing the presentation_crafting the most effective story line, introduction, and ending Making the most of visuals_including computer-driven onscreen presentations with animation, scanned images, sound, video, and links Creating charts, text visuals, and storyboards_to produce the most attractive and convincing presentation Projecting confidence, conviction, and enthusiasm_to hold audience attention and generate interest in your ideas Rehearsing the presentation_to search out imperfections and make the event as compelling as possible Setting up facilities and equipment_to ensure that everything is working smoothly and geared for a first-rate presentation Applying your delivery skills_putting together all the oral, video, and audio effects and delivering them at the right pace Getting used to answering questions_by preparing for and anticipating post-presentation queries from the audience Filled with scores of helpful illustrations, this wide-ranging sourcebook also explains how to take humor seriously and incorporate it into a presentation!and how to use the "Audience Bill of Rights" to focus clearly on the needs of the audience. Comprehensive and completely up to date, the new edition of Say It With Presentations contains all the skills-building information, methods, tips, and pointers that business professionals need to win over clients and reap greater financial rewards.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Gene Zelazny.
- Description based on print version record.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Zelazny, Gene. Say it with presentations. New York : McGraw-Hill, c2006. 9780071472890 (DLC) 2005056206 (OCoLC)62282513