Say it with presentations [electronic resource] : how to design and deliver successful business presentations
- Zelazny, Gene.
- Rev. and expanded. - New York : McGraw-Hill, c2006.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (viii, 166 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- So you've been asked to give a presentation
- Audience's bill of rights
- Define the situation
- Why are you giving this presentation?
- Whom do you want to convince?
- How much time do you have for the presentation?
- What medium should you use?
- Design the presentation
- Determine your message
- Craft the story line
- Write the introduction
- Plan the ending
- Say it with imagination
- Where does imagination come from?
- Designing text visuals
- Ensuring legibility
- Build a storyboard
- Prepare for the presentation
- Deliver the presentation
- Project confidence, conviction, enthusiasm
- Rehearse : the search for imperfection
- Set up the facilities and the equipment
- Apply delivery skills
- Work with your visual aids
- Get used to answering questions
- Take humor seriously
- Listen to the silence
- The 10 commandments of successful presentations
- Say it with presentations checklist.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the McKinsey way to impress clients and reap more business. In 45 years at McKinsey and Company, Gene Zelazny has shown hundreds of McKinsey consultants and thousands of professionals around the world how to plan strategy, visually communicate data, and dramatically improve their presentation skills. "Say It With Presentations" shows you, whether you're an experienced presenter or just starting out, how to put together powerful presentations, from initial concept to post-presentation analysis. Zelazny updates his perennially popular how-to with modern, audience proven techniques for every stage of the presentation - storyboarding, rehearsal, visuals, setting up the equipment, preparing for and answering questions, and more. A popular "Take Humor Seriously" chapter discusses the right and wrong ways to inject valuable humor into a delivery.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Gene Zelazny.
- Description based on print version record.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Zelazny, Gene. Say it with presentations. New York : McGraw-Hill, c2006. 9780071472890 (DLC) 2005056206 (OCoLC)62282513