The SAGE handbook of qualitative research
- 4th ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 766 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- PREFACE - Norman K. Denzin and Yvonna S. Lincoln Chapter 1. Introduction: The Discipline and Practice of Qualitative Research - Norman K. Denzin and Yvonna S. Lincoln PART I. LOCATING THE FIELD Chapter 2. Revitalizing Universities by Reinventing the Social Sciences: Bildung and Action Research - Morten Levin and Davydd Greenwood Chapter 3. A History of Qualitative Inquiry in Social and Educational Research - Frederick Erickson Chapter 4. Ethics and Politics in Qualitative Research - Clifford Christians Chapter 5. Ethics, Research Regulations, and Critical Social Science - Gaile Cannella and Yvonna S. Lincoln PART II. PARADIGMS AND PERSPECTIVES IN CONTENTION Chapter 6. Paradigmatic Controversies, Contradictions, and Emerging Confluences, Revisited - Yvonna S. Lincoln, Susan A. Lynham, and Egon G. Guba Chapter 7. Feminist Qualitative Research in the Millenium?s First Decade: Developments, Challenges, Prospects - Virgina Olesen Chapter 8. The Sacred and Spiritual Nature of Endarkened Transnational Feminist Praxis in Qualitative Research - Cynthia B. Dillard and Chinwe Okpalaoka Chapter 9. Critical Pedagogy, and Qualitative Research: Moving to the Bricolage - Joe L. Kincheloe, Peter McLaren and Shirley Steinberg Chapter 10. Cultural Studies: Performative Imperatives and Bodily Articulations - Michael D. Giardina and Josh L. Newman Chapter 11. Critical Humanism and Queer Theory: Postscript 2011: Living With the Tensions - Ken Plummer Chapter 12. Asian Epistemologies and Contemporary Social Psychological Research - James Liu Chapter 13. Disability Communities: Transformative Research for Social Justice - Donna Mertens, Martin Sullivan and Hilary Stacei Part III. STRATEGIES OF INQUIRY Chapter 14. The Politics and Practices of Funding Qualitative Inquiry: Messages about messages about messages - Julianne Cheek Chapter 15. Controversies in Mixed Methods Research - John W. Creswell Chapter 16. Mixed Methods Research: Contemporary Issues in an Emerging Field - Charles Teddlie and Abbas Tashakkori Chapter 17. Case Study - Bent Flyvbjerg Chapter 18. Performance Ethnography - Judith Hamera Chapter 19. Braiding Narrative Ethnography with Memoir and Creative Nonfiction - Barbara Tedlock Chapter 20. The Constructionist Analytics of Interpretive Practice - James A. Holstein and Jaber F. Gubrium Chapter 21. Grounded Theory Methods in Social Justice Research - Kathy Charmaz Chapter 22. In the Name of Human Rights: I say (how) you (should) speak (before I listen) - Antjie Krog Chapter 23. Jazz and the Banyan Tree: Roots and Riffs on Participatory Action Research - Mary Brydon-Miller, Michael Kral, Patricia Maguire, Susan Noffke and Anu Sabhlok Chapter 24. What Is Qualitative Health Research? - Janice M. Morse Chapter 25. Narrative Inquiry: Still a Field in the Making - Susan E. Chase Chapter 26. Critical Arts-based Inquiry The Pedagogy and Performance of a Radical Ethical Aesthetic - Susan Finley PART IV. METHODS OF COLLECTING AND ANALYZING EMPIRICAL MATERIALS Chapter 27. Oral History - Linda Shopes Chapter 28. Observations on Observation: Continuities and Challenges - Michael Angrosino and Judith Rosenberg Chapter 29. Visual Methodology: towards a more seeing research - Jon D. Prosser Chapter 30. Performative Autoethnography: Critical Embodiments and Possibilities - Tami Spry Chapter 31. The Methods, Politics, and Ethics of Representation in Online Ethnography - Sarah Gaston Chapter 32. Analyzing Talk and Text - Anssi Perakyla and Johanna Ruusuvuori Chapter 33. Focus Groups: Contingent Articulations of Pedagogy, Politics, and Inquiry - George Kamberelis and Greg Dimitriadis PART V: THE ART AND PRACTICES OF INTERPRETATION, EVALUATION, AND PRESENTATION Chapter 34. Qualitative Research, Science and Government: Evidence, Criteria, Policy and Politics - Harry Torrance Chapter 35. Reflections on Interpretive Adequacy in Qualitative Research - David L. Altheide and John M. Johnson Chapter 36. Analysis and Representation across the Continuum - Laura L. Ellingson Chapter 37. Post Qualitative Research: The Critique and the Coming After - Elisabeth Adams St. Pierre Chapter 38. Qualitative Research and Technology: In the Midst of a Revolution - Judith Davidson and Silvana diGregorio Chapter 39. The Elephant in the Living Room, or Extending the Conversation About the Politics of Evidence - Norman K. Denzin Chapter 40. Writing into Position: Strategies for Composition and Evaluation - Ronald J. Pelias Chapter 41. Evaluation as a Relationally Responsible Practice - Tineke Abma and Guy A. M. Widdershoven PART VI. THE FUTURE OF QUALITATIVE RESEARCH Chapter 42. Qualitative Futures: Where We Might Go From Where We've Been - Judith Preissle Chapter 43. Teaching qualitative research - Margaret Eisenhart and S. Jurow.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Presenting the state of the art for the theory and practice of qualitative inquiry, this landmark Handbook has been a publishing phenomenon in the human sciences since it first released in 1994. As with earlier editions, the Fourth Edition is virtually a new volume. Representing the best thinking from top scholars from around the world, the new edition continues the book's tradition of synthesizing an existing literature, defining the present, and shaping the future of qualitative research. The editors and contributors address issues of social justice and examine how people's struggles can inform public issues and in turn be transformed into social policy. Their writings are underpinned by a critical framework, and they are committed to addressing inequalities. As with previous editions, their aim is to show how the practices of qualitative research can effect change in the world in positive ways. The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Research is an absolutely essential reference for any scholar interested in the art, science, and practice of qualitative research, as well as a critical resource for all academic and public libraries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Norman K. Denzin, Yvonna S. Lincoln.
- Title Variation
- Handbook of qualitative research
- Qualitative research