Designing with models : a studio guide to architectural process models
- Mills, Criss.
- 3rd ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 280 p. : ill. ; 21 x 28 cm.
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
NA2790 .M5 2011
- Unknown NA2790 .M5 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments. Foreword. Introduction. Model History. Chapter 1. Model Types: Typical Model Types Employed in the Design Process. Chapter 2. Exploration: A Framework for Conceiving and Using Models in the Design Process. Chapter 3. Project Development: Academic Examples in Support of Exploration. Chapter 4. Project Development in Practice: Design Firm Examples in Support of Exploration. Chapter 5. Rapid Prototyping: Rapid Prototyping - Using Digital Information to Produce Physical Models. Chapter 6. Digital Practice: Combining Digital and Physical Model Information in Professional Practice. Chapter 7. Basic Assemblage: Basic Techniques for Assembling Model Components. Chapter 8. Advanced Assemblage: Advanced Techniques for Form Making. Chapter 9. Assemblage Case Studies: Step-by-Step Case Studies of Assembly Techniques. Chapter 10. Tools: Equipment & Materials. Appendix: Topics for Continuing Exploration. Credits.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Designing with Models, Third Edition is the revised, step-by-step guide to basic and advanced design process modeling. This comprehensive text explains the process from start to finish, and has been expanded to include up-to-date information on digital modeling programs and rapid prototyping processes. Along with new student projects, this new Third Edition features more than 800 high-quality photographs. A staple in this field for many years, this latest edition builds on its tradition to remain a must-have reference.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Criss B. Mills.