Empirical research in teaching and learning : contributions from social psychology
- Chichester, West Sussex, U.K. ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 187 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Claremont applied social psychology series.
HM1033 .E534 2011
- Unknown HM1033 .E534 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Empirical Research in Teaching and Learning: Contributions from Social Psychology draws upon the latest empirical research and empirical-based theories from social psychology to inform the scholarship of teaching and learning. Provides an accessible theoretical grounding in social psychological principles and addresses specific empirical evidence drawn from teaching and learning contexts Features concrete strategies for use in the classroom setting Includes contributions from experts in both social psychology and the scholarship of teaching and learning"-- Provided by publisher.
- "Social psychology has always offered interesting insights into the form and function of teaching and learning. Yet emerging research has shown that social psychology is now perfectly poised to play a much greater role in the future of higher education -- both in optimizing teaching and enhancing student learning. Drawing upon the very latest empirical research and empirical-based theories, Empirical Research in Teaching and Learning presents a series of practical strategies and concrete tools from the field of social psychology for enhancing teaching and learning. After providing an accessible theoretical grounding in social psychological principles, chapters reveal how this theoretical lens informs our understanding of teaching and learning, address specific empirical evidence drawn from teaching and learning contexts, and offer concrete strategies for translating this evidence "on the ground." This book represents an important and much-needed resource for all who are interested in enhancing teaching and learning in the higher education setting"-- Provided by publisher.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- edited by Debra Mashek and Elizabeth Yost Hammer.
- Claremont applied social psychology series