Designing history in East Asian textbooks : identity politics and transnational aspirations
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xiv, 290 p. : ill., map. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies in education and society in Asia v. 1.
DS510.7 .D47 2011
- Unknown DS510.7 .D47 2011
- Müller, Gotelind.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The predicament of compiling textbooks on the history of East Asia / Sun Ge
- Teaching "the others' history" in Chinese schools : the state, cultural asymmetries, and shifting images of Europe (1900 to today) / Gotelind Müller
- The construction of "self" and western and Asian "others" in contemporary Japanese civics and ethics textbooks / Klaus Vollmer
- Learning to love the motherland : "national education" in post-retrocession Hong Kong / Edward Vickers
- Telling histories of an island nation : the academics and politics of history textbooks in contemporary Taiwan / Lungchih Chang
- New curriculum reform and history textbook compilation in contemporary China / Li Fan
- The "others" in Chinese history textbooks : with a focus on the relationship between China and Japan / Su Zhiliang
- Rewriting history in a textbook in contemporary Japan / Miyake Akimasa
- The "Tokyo trial view of history" and its revision in contemporary Japan/East Asia / Steffi Richter
- History conflicts and dialogues between Korea and Japan : with a focus on the current issue concerning Japanese history textbooks / Chung Jae-jeong
- Historical reconciliation between Germany and Poland as seen from a Japanese perspective : the thoughts of a Japanese historian and their development / Kawate Keiichi
- Mediating textbook conflicts / Falk Pingel.
- East Asia > History > Textbooks.
- East Asia > History > Study and teaching > China.
- East Asia > History > Study and teaching > Japan.
- East Asia > History > Study and teaching > Taiwan.
- East Asia > History > Study and teaching > Korea (South)
- Education and state > East Asia.
- Education and state > China.
- Education and state > Japan.
- Education and state > Taiwan.
- Education and state > Korea (South)
- Publication date
- edited by Gotelind Müller.
- Routledge studies in education and society in Asia ; v. 1