Testing the untestable in language education
- Bristol, UK ; Buffalo, NY : Multilingual Matters, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 269 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- New perspectives on language and education.
P53.63 .T47 2010
- Unknown P53.63 .T47 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- More than language: the additional faces of testing and assessment in language learning and teaching / Amos Paran
- International competence
- Assessing intercultural competence: more questions than answers / Lies Sercu
- Interculturally savvy or not? Developing and assessing intercultural competence in the context of learning for business / Kaisu Korhonen
- Eliciting the intercultural in foreign language education at school / Anthony J. Liddicoat and Angela Scarino
- Measuring autonomy: should we put our ability to the test? / Phil Benson
- Assessment of autonomy or assessment for autonomy? Evaluating learner autonomy for formative purposes / Terry Lamb
- Learners reflecting on learning: evaluation versus testing in autonomous language learning / Leni Dam and Lienhard Legenhausen
- Between Scylla and Charybdis: the dilemmas of testing language and literature / Amos Paran
- Crossing the bridge from appreciative reader to reflective writer: the assessment of creative process / Jane Spiro
- The taming of the immeasurable: an empirical assessment of language awareness / Hui-wei Lin
- Language and content
- Assessing language and content: a functional perspective / Bernard Mohan, Constant Leung and Tammy Slater
- Teachers and texts: judging what English language learners know from what they say / Marylin Low
- Towards systematic and sustained formative assessment of causal explanations in oral interactions / Tammy Slater and Bernard Mohan.
- Publication date
- edited by Amos Paran and Lies Sercu.
- New perspectives on language and education