Encyclopedia of women in today's world
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Reference, c2011.
- Physical description
- 4 v. (lxiii, 1891 p.) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "The Encyclopedia of Women in Today's World looks at women today and delves into contexts of being female in the 21st century. The scope of the Encyclopedia focuses on women's status starting approximately in the year 2000 and going forward. From A-to-Z, this work will cover the spectrum of defining women in the contemporary world. Signed entries (with cross-references and recommended readings) cover the full range of issues in contemporary women's studies, with volumes including information relevant to the following academic disciplinary contexts: arts and media; business and economics; criminal justice; education; family studies; health; media; military; politics; science and technology; sports; religion; and women in different cultures and countries"--Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- editors, Mary Zeiss Stange, Carol K. Oyster, Jane E. Sloan.