Making sense : a student's guide to research and writing : life sciences
- Northey, Margot, 1940-
- Don Mills, Ont. ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- 262 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Aderkas, P. von.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- A NOTE TO THE STUDENT -- A NOTE TO THE INSTRUCTOR -- ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS -- 1. Writing and Thinking -- 2. Planning an Essay -- 3. Researching an Essay -- 4. Writing an Essay -- 5. Writng a Lab Report -- 6. Writing with Style -- 7. Common Errors in Grammar and Usage -- 8. Punctuation -- 9. Misused Words and Phrases -- 10. Using Illustrations -- 11. Documenting Sources -- 12. Giving Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations -- 13. Working in Groups -- 14. Exams -- 15. Writing Resumes and Letters of Applications -- APPENDIX: WEIGHTS, MEASURES, AND NOTATION -- GRAMMAR GLOSSARY -- REFERENCES -- INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Making Sense series comprises five concise, readable guides to research and writing for use by students at all levels of undergraduate study. Designed especially for students in the life sciences, this book outlines the general principles of style, grammar, and usage, while covering such issues as how to conduct academic research, how to write research essays and lab reports, how to document sources, and how to prepare effective oral presentations and posters.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Margot Northey, Patrick Von Aderkas.