Classroom communication and diversity : enhancing instructional practice
LC1099.3 .P694 2010
- Unknown LC1099.3 .P694 2010
- Powell, Dana L.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -273) and index.
- Unit I: Foundations of Classroom Communication and Diversity 1. The Communication Process 2. Factors Influencing Instructional Outcomes Unit II: Exploring Diversity and Classroom Communication 3. Culture and Classroom Communication 4. Gender and Classroom Communication 5. Students With Exceptionalities and Classroom Communication Unit III: Building and Managing Teacher-Student Relationships 6. The Teacher Student Relationship 7. Building A Classroom Community 8. Behavioral Management Unit IV: Best Practices for Communication in Diverse Settings 9. Instructional Strategies 10. Technology in Diverse Classrooms.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Classroom Communication and Diversity is an integral resource for teaching awareness of diversity issues and communication in the classroom. Drawing on the research in the communication and education disciplines, authors Robert G. Powell and Dana Caseau provide theoretical models and useful strategies for improving instructional practices. They address the ways in which culture influences communication in the classroom, and assist teachers in developing the skills necessary to meet the needs of the students in their classrooms. New to the second edition is an expanded skills component, additional teaching resources, and an increased focus on the role of diversity in the classroom. Much of the information shared in this text derives from the authors' research and experience in schools and from the experiences of others, including teachers, parents, and children. Their experiences, combined with the cross-disciplinary approach, produce a volume of unique perspectives and considerable insight.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Robert G. Powell, Dana L. Powell.
- Communication series