Patty's industrial hygiene [electronic resource]
- 6th ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (4 v. (xvi, 2807 p.)) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Hazard recognition
- v. 2. Evaluation and control
- v. 3. Physical and biological agents
- v. 4. Program management and specialty areas of practice.
- Publisher's Summary
- Since the first edition in 1948, Patty's Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology has become a flagship publication for Wiley. In the course of its nearly six decades in print, it has evolved into a standard reference for the fields of occupational health and toxicology. The volumes on Industrial Hygiene are cornerstone reference works for chemists, engineers, toxicologists, and occupational safety personnel. Since the 5 th edition was published, the field of IH has changed with personnel often working for multinational firms, self-employed, at small consulting firms. Their environment has changed and expanded, and thus also the types of information and resources required have changed. The traditional areas of interest to occupational health and safety professionals include anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of potential hazards. In addition to these, the 6 th edition provides information and reliable resources to prepare for natural disasters, exposures to biological agents and potential acts of terrorism.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Vernon E. Rose, Barbara Cohrssen, editors ; contributors, M. Berode ... [et al.].
- Title Variation
- Industrial hygiene
- Related Work
- Patty, F. A. (Frank Arthur), 1897-1981. Industrial hygiene and toxicology.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Patty's industrial hygiene. 6th ed. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2011 9780470074886 (DLC) 2010011931 (OCoLC)606052658