Between public and private : politics, governance, and the new portfolio models for urban school reform
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 396 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Educational innovations.
LC5131 .B485 2010
- Unknown LC5131 .B485 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : Portfolio management models in urban school reform / Katrina E. Bulkley
- Portfolio management models and the political economy of contracting regimes / Jeffrey R. Henig
- Neoliberal school reform in Chicago? Renaissance 2010, portfolios of schools, and diverse providers / David Menefee-Libey
- Strong vision, learning by doing, or the politics of muddling through? New York City / Jonathan Gyurko and Jeffrey R. Henig
- One step back, two steps forward : the making and remaking of "radical" reform in Philadelphia / Katrina E. Bulkley, Jolley Bruce Christman, and Eva Gold
- A diverse education provider : New Orleans / Henry M. Levin, Joseph Daschbach, and Andre Perry
- Where's the management in portfolio management? Conceptualizing the role of urban school district central offices in implementation / Meredith I. Honig and Michael DeArmond
- A framework for designing governance in choice and portfolio districts : three economic criteria / Henry M. Levin
- Convergence or collision : portfolio districts, education markets, and federal education policy / Patricia Burch
- Disseminating and legitimating a new approach : the role of foundations / Sarah Reckhow
- Portfolio management models : from the practitioner's eyes / Josh Edelman
- Where public meets private : looking forward / Jeffrey R. Henig and Katrina E. Bulkley.
- Publication date
- edited by Katrina E. Bulkley, Jeffrey R. Henig, Henry Levin.
- The educational innovations series