Physical chemistry in depth [electronic resource]
- Fink, Johannes Karl.
- Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xviii, 588 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 Mathematics of Thermodynamics.- 2 Foundations of Thermodynamics.- 3 The Laws of Thermodynamics.- 4 Equations of State.- 5 Thermodynamic Processes.- 6 Equilibrium.- 7 The Phase Rule.- 8 Trouton's Rule.- 9 Thermodynamic Cycles.- 10 Thermodynamic Paradoxes.- 11 Dimensional Analysis.- 12 Generating Functions 13 Stoichiometry 14 Nomenclature 15 Symmetry 16 Harmony 17 Generating Functions in Polymer Science 18 Chemical Kinetics 19 Transport Phenomena 20 Separation Science 21 Stochastic Processes 22 Structure Property Relationships 23 Factorial Designs.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Physical Chemistry in Depth" is not a stand-alone text, but complements the text of any standard textbook on 'Physical Chemistry' into depth having in mind to provide profound understanding of some of the topics presented in these textbooks. Standard textbooks in Physical Chemistry start with thermodynamics, deal with kinetics, structure of matter, etc. "The Physical Chemistry in Depth" follows this adjustment, but adds chapters that are treated traditionally in ordinary textbooks inadequately, e.g., general scaling laws, the graphlike structure of matter, and cross connections between the individual disciplines of Physical Chemistry. Admittedly, the text is loaded with some mathematics, which is a prerequisite to thoroughly understand the topics presented here. However, the mathematics needed is explained at a really low level so that no additional mathematical textbook is needed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Johannes Karl Fink.
- Description based on print version record.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Fink, Johannes Karl. Physical chemistry in depth. Heidelberg [Germany] ; New York : Springer, c2009 9783642010132 (DLC) 2009926867 (OCoLC)401158494