The ethics of research biobanking [electronic resource]
- Dordrecht ; London : Springer, 2009.
- Physical description
- xviii, 357 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pt. 1. Research biobanking : the traditional approach
- Consent to biobank research : one size fits all? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm
- What no one knows cannot hurt you : the limits of informed consent in the emerging world of biobanking / Arthur L. Caplan
- Users and uses of the biopolitics of consent : a study of DNA banks / Pascal Ducournau and Anne Cambon-Thomsen
- Information rights on the edge of ignorance / Anne Maria Skrikerud
- The dubious uniqueness of genetic information / Anne Maria Skrikerud
- Duties and rights of biobank participants : principled autonomy, consent, voluntariness and privacy / Lars Øystein Ursin
- Biobanking and disclosure of research results : addressing the tension between professional boundaries and moral intuition / Lynn G. Dressler
- Biobanks and our common good / Erik Christensen
- Trust, distrust and co-production : the relationship between research biobanks and donors / Pascal Ducournau and Roger Strand
- Scientific citizenship, benefit, and protection in population-based research / Vilhj́almur Árnason
- Pt. 2. Research Biobanking : towards a new conceptual approach
- Mapping the language of research biobanking : an analogical approach / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm
- The use of analogical reasoning in umbilical cord blood biobanking / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm
- The Alexandria plan : creating libraries for human tissue research and therapeutic use / Laurie Zoloth
- The art of biocollections / Anne Hambro Alnæs
- The health dugnard : biobank participation as the solidary pursuit of the common good / Lars Øystein Ursin and Berge Solberg
- Embodied gifting : reflections on the role of information in biobank recruitment / Klaus Hoeyer
- Conscription to biobank research? / Bjørn Hofmann, Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm
- Ownership rights in research biobanks : do we need a new king of 'biological property'? / Paula Lobato de Faria
- Legal challenges and strategies in the regulation of research biobanking / Elisabeth Rynning
- Annexation of life : the biopolitics of industrial biology / Jan Reinert Karlsen and Roger Strand
- In the ruins of Babel : should biobank regulations be harmonized / Jan Reinert Karlsen, Jan Helge Solbak, and Roger Strand.
- Biobanks > Moral and ethical aspects.
- Biological resource centers > Moral and ethical aspects.
- Biological specimens > Moral and ethical aspects.
- Biological Specimen Banks > ethics.
- Bioethical Issues.
- Biomedical Research > ethics.
- Informed Consent.
- Intellectual Property.
- Tissue Donors.
- Ethics, Research.
- Genetic Research > ethics.
- Tissue and Organ Procurement > ethics.
- Biological Specimen Banks > legislation & jurisprudence.
- Publication date
- edited by Jan Helge Solbakk, Søren Holm, Bjørn Hofmann.
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 12, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.