Issues and trends in literacy education
- 5th ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2012.
- Physical description
- viii, 304 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB1576 .I87 2012
- Unknown LB1576 .I87 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Chapter 1 Word Recognition History of Phonics Instruction Barbara J. Walker Chapter 2 Fluency What Is Fluent Reading and Why Is It Important? Melanie R. Kuhn Teaching Reading Fluency to Struggling Readers: Method, Materials, and Evidence Tim Rasinski, Susan Homan, and Marie Biggs One-Minute Fluency Measures Theresa A. Deeney Chapter 3 Comprehension Reading through a Disciplinary Lens Connie Juel, Heather Hebard, Julie Park Haubner, and Meredith Moran Reading Comprehension Instruction: Focus on Content or Strategies? Margaret G. McKeown, Isabel L. Beck, and Ronette G. K. Blake Increasing Opportunities to Acquire Knowledge through Reading Gina N. Cervitti, Carolyn A. Jaynes, and Elfrieda H. Hiebert Chapter 4 Vocabulary Vocabulary Development during Read-alouds: Primary practices Karen J. Kindle The Vocabulary-rich Classroom Holly B. Lane and Stephanie Arriaza Allen Closing the Vocabulary Gap Jane L. David Chapter 5 English Learners Improving Achievement for English Learners: Conclusions from Recent Reviews and Emerging Research Claude Goldenberg Supporting Content Learning for English Learners Eurydice B. Bauer, Patrick C. Manyak, Crystal Cook Chapter 6 Literacy Coaching What Matters for Elementary Literacy Coaching? Guiding Principles of Instructional Improvement and Students Achievement Susan L'Allier, Laurie Elish-Piper, and Rita M. Bean Models of Coaching Michael C. McKenna and Sharon Walpole Chapter 7 Adolescent Literacy The Adolescent in Adolescent Literacy Thomas W. Bean and Helen Harper The Literacy Needs of Adolescents in Their Own Words Sharon M. Pitcher, Gilda Martinez, Elizabeth A. Dicembre, Darleen Fewster, and Montana K. McCormick Chapter 8 Technology 21st-Century Literacies: A Policy Research Brief National Council of Teachers of English Rethinking Online Reading Assessment Julie Coiro Chapter 9 Writing What Is Happening in the Teaching of Writing? Arthur N. Applebee and Judith A. Langer Issues and Trends in Writing Michael T. Moore Chapter 10 Response to Intervention Response to Intervention (RTI): What Every Reading Teacher Should Know Eric E. M. Mesmer & Heidi Ann Mesmer Rethinking Response to Intervention at Middle and High School Lynn S. Fuchs, Donald Fuchs, and Donald L. Compton.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- InIssues and Trends in Literacy Education, 5/e, well-respected authors Dick Robinson Mike McKenna, and Kristin Conradi pull together the research and opinions of some of today's leading literacy educators to give readers an authoritative look at all crucial aspects of reading and writing education. This edition is completely revised to include all new, current articles and readings, including new chapters on English language learners and technology, and the scrupulously researched material meets the NCATE/International Reading Association requirements for accreditation of graduate reading programs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [edited by] Richard D. Robinson, Michael C. McKenna, Kristin Conradi.