Mean Field Models for Spin Glasses
- Talagrand, Michel, 1952-
- Berlin ; Heidelberg ; New York : Springer Verlag, c2011-
- Physical description
- v ; 24 cm.
- Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete ; 3. Folge, Bd. 54-55.
- Library has: v.1-
QC176.8 .S68 T353 2011 V.1
QC176.8 .S68 T353 2011 V.2
- Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Advanced Replica-Symmetry. - The Gardener Formula for the sphere. - The Gardener Formula for the Discrete Cube. - The Hopfield Model. - The SK Model Without External Field. - Part II. Low Temperature. - The Ghirlanda-Guerra Identities. - The High-Temperature Region of the SK Model. - The Parisi Formula. - The Parisi Solution. - The p-spin Interaction Model. - Appendix: Elements of Probability Theory. - References. - Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a new, completely revised, updated and enlarged edition of the author's Ergebnisse vol. 46: "Spin Glasses: A Challenge for Mathematicians" in two volumes (this is the 2nd volume). In the eighties, a group of theoretical physicists introduced several models for certain disordered systems, called "spin glasses". These models are simple and rather canonical random structures, of considerable interest for several branches of science (statistical physics, neural networks and computer science). The physicists studied them by non-rigorous methods and predicted spectacular behaviors. This book introduces in a rigorous manner this exciting new area to the mathematically minded reader. It requires no knowledge whatsoever of any physics. The present Volume II contains a considerable amount of new material, in particular all the fundamental low-temperature results obtained after the publication of the first edition.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Beginning date
- Michel Talagrand.
- Ergebnisse der mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete : a series of modern surveys in mathematics ; 3. Folge, v. 54-55