Promised lands [videorecording]
- Uniform Title
- Promised lands (Motion picture)
- English, Hebrew, Arabic. English, Hebrew or Arabic dialogue with English subtitles; optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- [United States] : Zeitgeist Films : Kimstim, 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (87 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- KimStim collection.
- Famed writer and critic Susan Sontag's sole documentary project, shot in Israel on the fly in the final days and immediate aftermath of the 1973 Yom Kippur War. Not only does the film scrutinize the ongoing Arab-Israeli conflict, it also brilliantly underscores the deepening divisions within the Jewish thought over the very question of Palestinian sovereignty. Banned by Israeli authorities upon its initial release, it's a visually visceral portrait of a land torn apart.
- Publication date
- a film by Susan Sontag ; directed by Susan Sontag ; produced by Nicole Stéphane ; an ANCINEX production.
- Title Variation
- Title appears in credits as: Nicole Stéphane presents Promised lands
- Title on container: Susan Sontag's Promised lands
- Kimstim collection
- DVD Release date: Feb. 15, 2011.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1974.
- A foreign film (France).
- Includes original liner notes by film critic Ed halter; rediscovered 1975 essay by Sontag on the making of the film originally published in Vogue Magazine; collectable 2010 theatrical re-release poster art by artist Paul Chan.
- Production Credits
- Camera, Jeri Sopanen ; editor, AnnieChevallay, Florence Bocquet.
- DVD (NTSC, all regions); full screen 1.33:1; mono.
- Publisher Number
- KS2081 Kimstim