- Stokstad, Marilyn, 1929-
- 4th ed.
- Boston : Prentice Hall, c2011.
- Physical description
- xli, 1198 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps ; 29 cm.
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
N5300 .S923 2011
- Unknown N5300 .S923 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 1146-1157) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- For two-semester courses in Art History, Global Art History, and for Introductory Art courses taught from a historical perspective. ART HISTORY provides students with the most student-friendly, contextual, and inclusive art history survey text on the market. These hallmarks make ART HISTORY the choice for instructors who seek to actively engage their students in the study of art. This new edition of ART HISTORY is the result of a happy and productive collaboration between two scholar-teachers (Marilyn Stokstad and Michael Cothren) who share a common vision that survey courses on the history of art should be filled with as much enjoyment as erudition, and that they should foster an enthusiastic, as well as an educated, public for the visual arts. Like its predecessors, this new edition seeks to balance formal and iconographic analysis with contextual art history in order to craft interpretations that will engage a diverse student population. Throughout the text, the visual arts are treated as part of a larger world, in which geography, politics, religion, economics, philosophy, social life, and the other fine arts are related components of a vibrant and cultural landscape. Please visit www.p earsonhighered.com/showcase/stokstad4e/ for more information and to view a video from author, Marilyn Stokstad, to see a chapter from the book and an online demo of the Prentice Hall Digital Art Library..
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Marilyn Stokstad, Michael W. Cothren ; contributors, Frederick M. Asher ... [et al.].