- Publication date:
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., c2004.
- xxv, 596 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -583) and index.
- pt. I. Families in a global world. 1. Globalization and western bias in family sociology / Don Edgar
- 2. Changing European families: trends and issues / Kathleen Kiernan
- 3. Recent demographic trends in the US and implications for well-being / Sinikka Elliott, Debra Umberson
- 4. Children, families, states, and changing citizenship / Hilary Land
- 5. Families and local communities / Graham Crow, Catherine Maclean
- pt. II. Life-course perspectives on the family. 6. Generations, the life course, and family change / J. Beth Mabry, Roseann Giarrusso, Vern L. Bengtson
- 7. Children's families / Jacqueline Scott
- 8. Aging and the life course / Chris Phillipson, Graham Allan
- 9. Parenting practices / Duane F. Alwin
- 10. Time, through the life course, in the family / Jonathan Gershuny
- pt. III. Inequality and diversity. Inequality and the family / Philip N. Cohen, Danielle MacCartney
- 12. Families of the poor / Robert Walker, Claire Collins
- 13. Social capital and the family / Frank F. Furstenberg, Sarah B. Kaplan
- 14. Family, the state, and health care: changing roles in the new century / Ronald J. Angel, Jacqueline L. Angel
- 15. Immigrant families in the US / Karen Pyke
- 16. Immigrant families in the UK / Alison Shaw
- pt. IV. Changing family forms and relationships. 17. Religion, romantic love, and the family / Bryan S. Turner
- 18. Trends in the formation and dissolution of couples / Joanne J. Paetsch ... ... [et al.]
- 19. Children, families, and divorce / Jan Pryor, Liz Trinder
- 20. The lesbian and gay family / Jeffrey Weeks, Brian Heaphy, Catherine Donovam [sic, i.e. Donovan]
- 21. Couples and their networks / Eric Widmer
- 22. Men in families and households / David H.J. Morgan
- pt. V. Changing social contexts. 23. Sex and family: changes and challenges / Judith Treas
- 24. Feminism and the family / Michelle Budig
- 25. Work and families / Shirley Dex
- 26. Public policy and families / Wendy Sigle-Rushton, Catherine Kenney
- 27. Assisted reproduction, genetic technologies, and family life / Martin Richards
- 28. Families in a runaway world / Ulrich Beck, Elisabeth Beck-Gernsheim.
Electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : Blackwell, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 27, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Scott, Jacqueline L.
Richards, Martin, 1940 January 26-
- Related Work:
- Blackwell reference online.
Blackwell companions to sociology ; 9.