A companion to gender history [electronic resource]
- Oxford : Blackwell, 2006.
- Physical description
- xii, 676 p. ; 25 cm.
- Thematic essays on gender issues in world history. Sexuality / Robert A. Nye
- Gender and labor in world history / Laura Levine Frader
- Structures and meanings in a gendered family history / Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks
- Religion and gender : embedded patterns, interwoven frameworks / Ursula King
- Gender rules : law and politics / Susan Kingsley Kent
- Race, gender, and other differences in feminist theory / Deirdre Keenan
- Gender and education before and after mass schooling / Pavla Miller
- How images got their gender : masculinity and femininity in the visual arts / Mary D. Sheriff
- Revolution, Nationalism, and anti-Imperialism / Temma Kaplan
- Feminist movements : gender and sexual equality / Barbara Winslow
- Chronological and geographical essays : prehistory. Gender in the formation of the earliest human societies / Marcia-Anne Dobres
- Classical and post-classical societies (2000 BCE-1400 CE). Women in the Middle East, 8000 BCE to 1700 CE / Guity Nashat
- Gendered themes in early African History / David Schoenbrun
- Confucian complexities : China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam / Vivian-Lee Nyitray
- Early western civilization under the sign of gender : Europe and the Mediterranean / Paul Halsall
- Gender in the ancient Americas : from earliest villages to European colonization / Rosemary A. Joyce
- Gender and the development of modern society (1400-1750). Gender history, Southeast Asia, and the "world regions" framework / Barbara Watson Andaya
- Did gender have a renaissance? Exclusions and traditions in early modern Western Europe / Julie Hardwick
- Self, society, and gender in early modern Russia and Eastern Europe / Nancy Shields Kollmann
- A new world engendered : the making of the Iberian transatlantic empires / Verena Stolcke
- Gender and the modern world (1750-1920). Rescued from obscurity : contributions and challenges in writing the history of gender in the Middle East and North Africa / Judith Tucker
- Gender, women, and power in Africa, 1750-1914 / Marcia Wright
- Clash of cultures : gender and colonialism in South and Southeast Asia / Nupur Chaudhuri
- From private to public patriarchy : women, labor and the state in East Asia, 1600-1919 / Anne Walthall
- Gender in the formation of European power, 1750-1914 / Deborah Valenze
- Latin America and the Caribbean / Sonya Lipsett-Rivera
- North America from North of the 49th Parallel / Linda Kealey
- Gender in the contemporary world (1920-2003). Frameworks of gender : feminism and nationalism in twentieth-century Asia / Barbara Molony
- Women and gender roles in Africa Since 1918 : gender as a determinant of status / Sean Redding
- Continuities amid change : gender ideas and arrangements in twentieth-century Russia and Eastern Europe / Barbara Evans Clements
- Engendering reform and revolution in twentieth-century Latin America and the Caribbean / Susan K. Besse
- Equality and difference in the twentieth-century West : North America, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand / Charles Sowerwine with Patricia Grimshaw
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- edited by Teresa A. Meade and Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks.
- Title Variation
- Gender history
- Originally published: 2003.
- Electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : Blackwell, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 27, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Related Work
- Blackwell reference online.