The Blackwell companion to criminology [electronic resource]
- Malden, Mass. : Blackwell Pub., c2004.
- Physical description
- xix, 516 p. ; 25 cm.
- Blackwell companions to sociology.
- Sumner, Colin.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Crime, justice, and societies. The social nature of crime and deviance / Colin Sumner
- Theories of social control and the state between American and European shores / Dario Melossi
- Criminal justice process and war on crime / Markus Dirk Dubber
- Criminology, genocide, and modernity : remarks on the companion that criminology ignored / Wayne Morrison. Juvenile delinquency and justice for youth. The criminologists' gang / Jack Katz and Curtis Jackson-Jacobs
- Youth crime and crime control in contemporary Japan / Mark Fenwick
- Consumer culture and crime in late modernity / Keith J. Hayward
- The politics of youth crime and justice in South Africa / Elrena van der Spuy, Wilfried Scharf, and Jeffrey Lever. Punishment and its alternatives. Penal policies and contemporary politics / Pat O'Malley
- Beyond bricks, bars, and barbed wire : the genesis and proliferation of alternatives to incarceration in the United States / Barry R. Holman and Robert A. Brown
- Rehabilitation : an assessment of theory and research / Mark W. Lipsey, Nana A. Landenberger, and Gabrielle L. Chapman
- Female punishment : from patriarchy to backlash? / Laureen Snider. Gender and the masculinity of crime. Beyond bad girls : feminist perspectives on female offending / Meda Chesney-Lind
- Managing "men's violence" in the criminological arena / Adrian Howe
- Masculinities and crime : rethinking the "man question"? / Richard Collier
- "Abominable and detestable" : understanding homophobia and the criminalization of sodomy / Mary Bernstein
- The gendering and racializing of criminalized others / Elizabeth Comack. Capital, power, and crime. White-collar crime / Amedeo Cottino
- "Dance your anger and your joys" : multinational corporations, power, "crime" / Frank Pearce and Steve Tombs
- Globalization and the illicit drugs trade in Hong Kong / K. Joe Laidler
- Trafficking in human beings and related crimes in West and Central Africa / Alexis A. Aronowitz and Monika Peruffo. Globalization, crime, and information. Globality, glocalization, and private policing : a Caribbean case study / Maureen Cain
- The rise of the surveillant state in times of globalization / Thomas Mathiesen
- The politics of crime statistics / William J. Chambliss
- Two realities of police communication / Aaron Doyle and Richard Ericson
- Hacktivism : resistance is fertile? / Paul A. Taylor.
- Publication date
- edited by Colin Sumner ; advisory editor William J. Chambliss.
- Blackwell companions to sociology
- Electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : Blackwell, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 27, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Related Work
- Blackwell reference online.