The Blackwell companion to political sociology [electronic resource]
- Malden, Mass. : Blackwell, c2004.
- Physical description
- xiv, 478 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Blackwell companions to sociology.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -461) and index.
- Introduction / Kate Nash, Alan Scott
- Developments in Marxist theory / Bob Jessup
- Developments in pluralist and elite approaches / Richard Bellamy
- Rational choice approaches to analyzing power / Keith Dowding
- Power, government, politics / Barry Hindess
- Society, morality, and law : Jürgen Habermas / Max Pensky
- Political sociology for complex societies : Niklas Luhmann / Stefan Lange, Uwe Schimank
- "Postmodern" political sociology / David Owen
- Studying power / John Scott
- Theories of state formation / Gianfranco Poggi
- Political legitimacy / David Beetham
- Gender and the state / R.W. Connell
- Administration, civil service, and bureaucracy / Antonino Palumbo
- Policy networks / Peter John
- Parties and political intermediation / Herbert Kitschelt
- Protest and political process / David S. Meyer
- Media and politics / John B. Thompson
- Political sociology of war / Alan Scott
- Revolution / Michael Drake
- Terror against the state / Donatella della Porta
- Civil society and the public sphere / Larry Ray
- Trust and social capital / Arnaldo Bagnasco
- Markets and states / Colin Crouch
- Markets against states : neo-liberalism / Fran Tonkiss
- Beyond new social movements : social conflicts and institutions / Pierre Hamel, Louis Maheu
- Politics of ethnicity and identity / Aletta J. Norval
- Imagined communities / Alan Finlayson
- Political rituals / Sigrid Baringhorst
- Politics of popular culture / John Street
- Body politics / Roberta Sassatelli
- Citizenship and gender / Ruth Lister
- Postnational citizenship : reconfiguring the familiar terrain / Yasemin Nuhoğlu Soysal
- Governmentality and citizenship / Giovanna Procacci
- Transformation, transition, consolidation : democratization in Latin America / Joe Foweraker
- Feminism and democracy / Judith Squires
- Postmodernization / Jan Pakulski
- Nationalism and fragmentation since 1989 / John Schwarzmantel
- New phase of the state story in Europe / Patrick Le Galès
- "Singapore model" : democracy, communication, and globalization / Danilo Zolo
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Blackwell Companion to Political Sociology" brings together thirty-eight original essays covering the wide inter-disciplinary field of political sociology. This title represents the most comprehensive overview available in the field of political sociology. It covers traditional questions as well as emerging topics including recent debates on gender, citizenship, and political identity. It includes detailed editorial introduction, abstracts, further reading lists, and a consolidated bibliography.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Kate Nash and Alan Scott.
- Blackwell companions to sociology
- Electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : Blackwell, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 27, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.