National museums : new studies from around the world
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xx, 484 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
AM7 .N37 2011
- Unknown AM7 .N37 2011
- Knell, Simon J.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- National museums and the national imagination / Simon Knell
- Explaining national museums : exploring comparative approaches to the study of national museums / Peter Aronsson
- Myths of nationality / Donald Preziosi
- Loading guns with patriotic love : Artur Hazelius' attempts at Skansen to remake Swedish society / Mattias Backström
- Narrative and imagination : remaking national history at the Musée des monuments français, Paris / Jennifer Carter
- National art museum practice as political cartography in nineteenth-century Britain / Christopher Whitehead
- Placing Britain in the British Museum : encompassing the other / Chris Wingfield
- Producing an art history of the nation : the origins of the Finnish National Gallery / Susanna Pettersson
- Reimagining the nation in museums : Poland's old and new national museums / Karoline Kaluza
- National art museums and the 'modernization' of Turkey / Ayse H. Köksal
- Political change and the national museum in Taiwan / Chi-Jung Chu
- The British Museum in print : from national to universal museum / Sarah A. Hughes
- The nation disrobed : nudity, leisure and class at the Prado / Eugenia Afinoguenova
- Taking part : performance, participation and national art museums / Stuart Burch
- Representing Wales at the Museum of Welsh Life / Rhiannon Mason.
- Same exhibitions, different labels? : Romanian national museums and the fall of communism / Simina Bădică-- Re-thinking Korean cultural identities at the National Museum of Korea / Sunghee Choi
- The aesthetics and narratives of national museums in China / Marzia Varutti
- The Dutch National Historical Museum : a national museum for the twenty-first century / Gwenny Van Hasselt
- Who authors the nation? : the debate surrounding the building of the new Estonian National Museum / Pille Runnel, Taavi Tatsi and Pille Pruulmann-Vangerfeldt
- Recounting history : constructing a national narrative in the Hong Kong Museum of History / Emily Stokes-Rees
- Kaesong Koryo Museum : the place of one Korean nation? / Ruth Scheidhauer
- The national museum as palimpsest : postcolonial politics and the National Museum of Korea / Jung Joon Lee
- Exhibiting China in London / Amy Jane Barnes
- Exhibiting the Congo in Stockholm / Lotten Gustafsson Reinius
- After the fall of the Berlin Wall : nationalism and multiculturalism at Bulgarian National Ethnographic museum / Radostina Sharenkova
- The IJzertoren Memorial Museum : a Flemish national museum? / Karen D. Shelby
- Postcolonialism, ethnicity and the National Museum of Ireland / Alan Kirwan
- Facing up to diversity : conversations at the National Museum of Colombia / Cristina Lleras.
- Publication date
- edited by Simon J. Knell ... [et al.].