How to keep good teachers and principals : practical solutions to today's classroom problems
- Melvin, Lonnie, 1964-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- ix, 97 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB3013 .M398 2011
- Unknown LB3013 .M398 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 91-95).
- Chapter 1 - What Is Going On? Chapter 2 - So What Do Educators Do Now? Chapter 3 - Setting the Stage for Change Chapter 4 - Organizing Physical Space and Materials Chapter 5 - A Reflective Teaching Model Chapter 6 - Using My New Behavior Modification Model: Self-Correcting Behavior Chapter 7 - What Does Practice Look Like In A Self-Correcting Behavior Modification Model? Chapter 8 - Using Class Meetings to Build Success Chapter 9 - Creating a CSI (Critical Strategies Intervention) Classroom Using Technology Chapter 10 - Modeling As A Leader Chapter 11 - Practice During Recess Chapter 12 - Working With Parents Chapter 13 - Stabilizing and Maintaining a Consistent Environment Chapter 14 - Celebrating and Building Citizenship With Students Chapter 15 - Effective Teacher Evaluations: The New Performance-Based Model.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Between the current 'Me' generation, the over abundance of discipline problems and violence, the stress of the accountability measures of NCLB, and the current state of the economy, many of education professionals are retiring, changing jobs, or leaving the profession. This book serves as a helpful, hands-on toolbox to give educators more tools and strategies, including a new behavior modification model called Self-Correcting Behavior Modification. Educators will find this book will help them to get much-needed answers and relief to their continued attempts to serve as effectively and efficiently as possible.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lonnie Melvin.