Education and social change : connecting local and global perspectives
- London ; New York : Continuum, c2010.
- Physical description
- xviii, 314 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LC192 .E38 2010
- Unknown LC192 .E38 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -302) and index.
- Lessons from international and comparative education / David Bainton and Michael Crossley
- Education for all: a freedom-based approach / James Stanfield
- Women's education in the developing world / Máiréad Dunne
- Self-assessment in the tertiary college of a small state / Gary Jones, Edward Sallis, and Peter Hubert
- The contribution of European programmes to social change / Simone Kirpal
- Social marketing / Chahid Fourali
- Basic education status of Afghan refugees in Iran / Alireza Kiamanesh and Maryam Danaye Tous
- Respecting difference in early childhood centres in Northern Ireland / Siobhán Fitzpatrick
- Culture change in a specialist sports college / Carla Solvason
- Higher education and civic and community engagement in the UK / John Annette
- Work-based learning / Elda Nikolou-Walker and Lynn Fee
- Government policy and teacher education in Ghana / Kwame Akyeampong
- Transforming China's adult and continuing education / Ning Rong Liu
- An "essential attributes" approach to curriculum reform / Francis Murphy
- Reforming vet for social cohesion / George K Zarifis
- Transformative learning for a global society / Douglas Bourn and Sally Issler
- Post-colonial and post-critical "global citizenship education" / Vanessa Andreotti
- Validation of non-formal and informal learning in Europe / Manuel Souto-Otero
- Transnational cooperation in learning support for disabled learners / Val Chapman
- Vocational education / Erica Smith and Andy Smith.
- Publication date
- edited by Geoffrey Elliott, Chahid Fourali and Sally Issler.