Essentials of specific learning disability identification
LC4031 .F56 2011
- Unknown LC4031 .F56 2011
- Alfonso, Vincent C.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 327-373) and indexes.
- Foreword xiii Series Preface xvii Acknowledgments xix One Overview of Specific Learning Disabilities 1 Marlene Sotelo-Dynega, Dawn P. Flanagan, and Vincent C. Alfonso Two How SLD Manifests in Reading 21 Steven Feifer Three How SLD Manifests in Mathematics 43 David C. Geary, Mary K. Hoard, and Drew H. Bailey Four How SLD Manifests in Writing 65 Nancy Mather and Barbara J. Wendling Five How SLD Manifests in Oral Expression and Listening Comprehension 89 Elisabeth H. Wiig Six A Response to Intervention (RTI) Approach to SLD Identification 115 Jack M. Fletcher, Amy E. Barth, and Karla K. Stuebing Seven The Discrepancy/Consistency Approach to SLD Identification Using the PASS Theory 145 Jack A. Naglieri Eight RTI and Cognitive Hypothesis Testing for Identification and Intervention of Specific Learning Disabilities: The Best of Both Worlds 173 James B. Hale, Kirby L. Wycoff, and Catherine A. Fiorello Nine Evidence-Based Differential Diagnosis and Treatment of Reading Disabilities With and Without Comorbidities in Oral Language, Writing, and Math: Prevention, Problem-Solving Consultation, and Specialized Instruction 203 Virginia W. Berninger Ten A CHC-based Operational Definition of SLD: Integrating Multiple Data Sources and Multiple Data-Gathering Methods 233 Dawn P. Flanagan, Vincent C. Alfonso, and Jennifer T. Mascolo Eleven Separating Cultural and Linguistic Differences (CLD) From Specific Learning Disability (SLD) in the Evaluation of Diverse Students: Difference or Disorder? 299 Samuel O. Ortiz References 327 Annotated Bibliography 371 About the Editors 375 About the Contributors 377 Author Index 379 Subject Index 397.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This newest addition to the Essentials series presents the latest research and information from leading scholars and researchers in the field of learning disabilities. With multiple perspectives spanning several different theoretical orientations and offering several different approaches to SLD identification--from RTI methods to cognitive strengths and weaknesses approaches--this volume offers step-by-step information on accurately identifying learning disabilities. This is essential reading for professionals who work with children and youth who may be at risk for learning disabilities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Dawn P. Flanagan ; Vincent C. Alfonso.
- Essentials of psychological assessment series ; 82