Taking flight to literacy and leadership! : soaring to new heights in learning : a guide to improving student achievement, leadership, and literacy in our schools
- Brayman, Jacqueline J., 1949-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvii, 248 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
LC149 .B73 2011
- Unknown LC149 .B73 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 237-241) and index.
- Part 1 Part 1-FLIGHT! Preparation 2 FLIGHT! Overview 3 Packing Our Bag with Expert Knowledge 4 Orientation to the FLIGHT! Making This Story Your Own Part 5 Part 2-FLIGHT! to Literacy 6 Each and Every vs. All 7 The Power of a Singular Focus: Literacy Instruction 8 Developing the Literacy Framework 9 Implementation Part 10 Part 3-FLIGHT! to Adult Learning 11 Adult Learning: the Engine 12 The Learning Cycle 13 Professional Conversations Part 14 Part 4-FLIGHT! to Systems Thinking 15 What is a System? 16 Context for Change 17 Culture 18 Conditions 19 Capacity 20 Consistency Part 21 Part 5-After FLIGHT! Review 22 Landing With Impact.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Taking Flight to Literacy and Leadership provides a powerful model of "what works" in schools. It shows superintendents, principals, and teachers how to integrate best practices in literacy, adult learning, and systems thinking, using concrete examples from authentic practice. Taking Flight to Literacy and Leadership creates a razor-sharp focus on instruction and places learning at the center of the effort. It brings people together to share what they know and learn collaboratively and provides tools for staff to develop new solutions to difficult problems. This book is a guide for: * Superintendents who want to grow their districts into a healthy vibrant learning organization. * Principals who seek to engage staff in dynamic, job-embedded learning about instruction. * Teachers who hope to influence both classroom and district learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Jacqueline J. Brayman and Maureen A. Grey ; with Michael A. Sterns.
- "Published in partnership with the American Association of School Administrators"--T.p.