- Ogilby, John, 1600-1676.
- [London : Printed by T. Johnson for the author, 1670]
- Physical description
- 1 map ; 26 x 36 cm.
Locked Map Files: ask at circulation desk
G8302 1690 .O3
- Unknown G8302 1690 .O3
This collection of primarily maps with a few prints and books portrays the continent of Africa as well as detailed maps of different regions and countries on the continent. The maps range in date from 1550 to approximately 1800. Individual maps cataloged separately and held at Branner Earth Sciences Library and Map Collections by call number.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:18,750,000] (W18°--E39°/N26°--S16°).
- Relief shown pictorially.
- From Ogilby's Africa, being an accurate description of the regions of Egypt, Barbary, Lybia and Billedulgerid. 1670.
- Has watermarks.
- Includes ill. and decorative cartouche.
- Local Subject
- The Caroline Batchelor Map Collection.
- Related Work
- Ogilby, John, 1600-1676. Africa, being an accurate description of the regions of Egypt, Barbary, Lybia and Billedulgerid.