Public engagement for public education : joining forces to revitalize democracy and equalize schools
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 328 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LC221 .P84 2011
- Unknown LC221 .P84 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Unequal schools, unequal voice : the need for public engagement for public education / Marion Orr and John Rogers
- A brief history of public engagement in American public education / Dennis Shirley
- The contemporary context of public engagement : the new political grid / Jeffrey R. Henig
- Public engagement and the coproduction of public education / Donn Worgs
- Democratic institutions, public engagement, and Latinos in American public schools / Luis Ricardo Fraga and Ann Frost
- Community organizing for education reform / Mark R. Warren
- Broad-based public engagement : alliances and social movements / Lauren Wells, Jean Anyon, and Jeannie Oakes
- Improving teacher quality through public engagement in Chicago / Sara McAlister, Kavitha Mediratta, and Seema Shah
- "A force to be reckoned with" the campaign for college access in Los Angeles / John Rogers and Ernest Morrell
- "Together we can" in Mobile : a coalition across lines of race and class / Brenda J. Turnbull
- The prospects for public engagement in a market-oriented public education system : a case study of Philadelphia, 2001-2007 / Elaine Simon, Eva Gold and Maia Cucchiara
- Public engagement for public education : reflections and prospects / Marion Orr and John Rogers.
- Publication date
- edited by Marion Orr and John Rogers.