CRC concise encyclopedia of mathematics [electronic resource]
- Weisstein, Eric W.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton : Chapman & Hall/CRC, c2003.
- Physical description
- 3242 p. : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Alphabetic listing of encyclopedic articles.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Upon publication, the first edition of the CRC Concise Encyclopedia of Mathematics received overwhelming accolades for its unparalleled scope, readability, and utility. It soon took its place among the top selling books in the history of Chapman & Hall/CRC, and its popularity continues unabated.Yet also unabated has been the dedication of author Eric Weisstein to collecting, cataloging, and referencing mathematical facts, formulas, and definitions. He has now updated most of the original entries and expanded the Encyclopedia to include 1000 additional pages of illustrated entries.The accessibility of the Encyclopedia along with its broad coverage and economical price make it attractive to the widest possible range of readers and certainly a must for libraries, from the secondary to the professional and research levels. For mathematical definitions, formulas, figures, tabulations, and references, this is simply the most impressive compendium available.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Eric W. Weisstein.
- Also available in print edition. CRC Press (http://www.crcpress.com)
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.