The Gates Foundation and the future of U.S. "public" schools
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xiv, 231 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies in education and neoliberalism ; 5.
LC243 .B55 G38 2011
- Unknown LC243 .B55 G38 2011
- Kovacs, Philip E.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- From Carnegie to Gates : the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the venture philanthropy agenda for public education / Kenneth J. Saltman
- Power philanthropy : taking the public out of public education / Michael Klonsky
- The Gates Foundation's interventions into education, health, and food policies :
- Technology, power, and the privatization of political problems / David Hursh
- Marketing new schools for a new century : an examination of neoliberal school reform in New York City / Jessica Shiller
- Corporatism, KIPP, and cultural eugenics / Jim Horn
- Disabusing small-schools reformism : an alternative outlook on scaling up and down / Aimee Howley and Craig B. Howley
- Governing identity through neoliberal education initiatives : "get[ting] schooled" in the marketplace / Leslee Grey
- The Gates' Foundation and the future of U.S. public education : a call for scholars to counter misinformation campaigns / Philip E. Kovacs and H.K. Christie
- The giving business : venture philanthropy and the NewSchools venture fund / Jim Horn and Ken Libby
- Dear Bill: "grokking" education / Patti Lather
- An open letter to Bill Gates, Jr. (with a message to my colleagues) / David Gabbard
- Why current education reform efforts will fail / Marion Brady.
- Publication date
- edited by Philip E. Kovacs.
- Routledge studies in education and neoliberalism ; 5