Living on the future edge : windows on tomorrow
LB1028.43 .J85 2010
- Unknown LB1028.43 .J85 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 141-144) and index.
- 1. The Paradigm 2. Assessing Your Paradigm 3. Technology of Change 4. Mounting Paradigm Pressure 5. Living Life Like a Quarterback 6. Moore's Law 7. Photonics 8. Internet 9. InfoWhelm 10. Disruptive Technology 11. Time for Education to Catch Up 12. Education in The Future 13. New Skills for a New World 14. New Roles for Educators 15. What Does the Future Hold? 16. Another Look at the Future 17. The Need for Vision.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a book for primary and secondary educators (leaders and teachers) about change - change that is a result of using new technology; change in how we get information, entertain ourselves, communicate with others, do our work, teach, and learn. This book is also about the power of paradigm to shape our thinking, the pressure that technological development is putting on our paradigm for teaching and learning, six exponential trends in technological development that we cannot ignore, what these trends mean for education, new skills for students, new roles for teachers, and scenarios of education in the future. The first half of the book explores this world of technology and the 6 exponential trends in technological development that govern it while the second half of the book examines its impact on education, learning, and teaching, and forecasts a vision for the future. At the end of each chapter are discussion questions useful for jump starting conversations and thinking about change both personally and professionally. It includes 6 Exponential Trends: Moore's Law - technological processing power and speed doubling exponentially at least every 12 months; Photonics - exponentially increasing bandwidth speeds; the Internet revolution; the age of Infowhelm; and, Disruptive technology that eventually diminishes or replaces the previous generation of technology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [Ian Jukes, Ted McCain, Lee Crockett ; foreword by Steve Wozniak].
- 21st century fluency series