Accountability in higher education : global perspectives on trust and power
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 270 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- International studies in higher education ; v. 5.
LB2806.22 .A2494 2011
- Unknown LB2806.22 .A2494 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction and overview of the book / Bjørn Stensaker and Lee Harvey
- Accountability : understandings and challenges / Bjørn Stensaker and Lee Harvey
- Accountability in Australia : more power to government and market / Jeanette Baird
- Accountability in Africa : a disciplinary power in African higher education systems / Gerald Wangenge-Ouma and Patrício V. Langa
- Accountability in China : primitive attempts / Shuiyun Liu
- Accountability in Eastern Europe : becoming like everywhere else? / Paul Temple
- Accountability in Western Europe : shifting quality assurance paradigms / André Sursock
- Accountability in Latin America : focusing on quality assurance and funding mechanisms / Maria-José Lemaitre
- Accountability in the United States : sorting through an American muddle / Robert Zemsky
- Accountability and cross-border higher education : dynamics, trends and challenges / Robin Middlehurst
- Transnational accountability initiatives : the case of the EUA-audits / Alberto Amaral and Maria João Rosa
- Managerial and political strategies for handling accountability / William F. Massy
- Conclusions and reflections / Bjørn Stensaker and Lee Harvey.
- Publication date
- edited by Bjørn Stensaker, Lee Harvey.
- International studies in higher education ; v. 5