- [Bethesda, Md.] : John Wiley and Sons, 2011-
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : illustrations, HTML, PDF
- American Physiological Society (1887- )
- "Comprehensive Physiology is the most authoritative and comprehensive collection of physiology information that has ever been assembled. Its starting point is more than 30,000 pages of content from the American Physiological Society's renowned Handbook of Physiology (HoP) series, which is presented here for the first time in an online format. With the launch of Comprehensive Physiology in January 2011, we will begin publishing regular issues that update and expand the classic content from HoP, as well as adding fresh review material. In this way, we aim to capture the full breadth and depth of the evolving science of physiology. New and updated materials will be published in a quarterly serial format .... The primary audience for Comprehensive Physiology is academic scientists in the life sciences. Secondary audiences include advanced students in the life sciences and medicine, instructors in these disciplines, and academic clinicians"--Edited summary from home page.
- Beginning date
- <2011- > Editor-in-Chief, Ron Terjung.
- Title from HTML title metatag.
- Related Work
- Expanded version of (work) : Handbook of physiology (Bethesda, Md.)