Dictionary of energy [electronic resource]
- Expanded ed.
- Oxford : Elsevier, c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiv, 581 p.) : ill.
- Publisher's Summary
- Written by the editor of "The Encyclopedia of Energy, Cutler Cleveland", this dictionary gives professionals across the multi-disciplinary field of energy a tool to better communicate on energy matters and understand energy issues and opportunities. This paperback edition, priced at less than half the price of the hardcover edition and expanded with over 500 new terms, makes this valuable reference available to an even wider audience beyond energy scientists, including new professionals, students, and corporate oil and gas companies. This title features: over 10,000 entries covering some 40 scientific disciplines and topics; essays by scientists, biographical entries on key individuals, and historical comments; and, historical quotes on energy matters. It is illustrated with 100 photos and illustrations. It is now expanded with over 500 new terms and available in paperback at half the price of the first edition.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors-in-chief, Cutler J. Cleveland, Christopher Morris.
- Previous ed.: Amsterdam; London: Elsevier, 2006.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Dictionary of energy. Expanded ed. Oxford : Elsevier, c2009 9780080964911 (OCoLC)434564009