The program evaluation standards : a guide for evaluators and evaluation users
- 3rd ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2011.
- Physical description
- xlvii, 334 p. ; 27 cm.
LB3051 .P648 2011
- Unknown LB3051 .P648 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 294-324) and index.
- The Joint Committee Acknowledgements Preface Author Page Introduction Applying the Standards The Functional Table of Standards THE STANDARDS Utility Feasibility Propriety Accuracy Evaluation Accountability Notes Documentation Reference Lists Glossary Index Appendix A: The 1981 Program Evaluation Standards Appendix B: The 1994 Program Evaluation Standards.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation (JCSEE.org) is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standards developer, sponsored by 17 North American professional organizations. With oversight from the JCSEE, Yarbrough, Schula, Hopson, and Caruthers have revised and illustrated this new edition of the Program Evaluation Standards. These thirty standards support the core attributes of evaluation quality: utility, feasibility, propriety, accuracy, and accountability, and provide guidance to anyone interested in planning, implementing, or using program evaluations. This new edition: - Provides extensive attention to cultures and contexts in evaluations - Encourages reflective practice based on in-depth understanding of standards and their applications - Suggests flexible approaches for learning how to use the standards - Includes a new section, Evaluation Accountability, emphasizing metaevaluation for improvement and accountability guided by three new metaevaluation standards - Includes case scenarios and applications across multiple standards to help users apply the standards individually and in concert - Offers updated documentation reference lists.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Donald B. Yarbrough ... [et al.].
- Title Variation
- At head of title: Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation