Blues, funk, rhythm and blues, soul, hip hop, and rap : a research and information guide
ML128 .P63 M43 2010
- In-library use ML128 .P63 M43 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Dedication Introduction Notes on the Literature I. Blues Resources General References Aesthetics and Philosophy Autobiographies and Biographies Collective Biographies Collections of Music Discographies and Listening Guides Fiction Gender Histories and Surveys Regional Studies Global Studies Literature, Criticism, and Lyrics Photography Religion II. Funk, Rhythm and Blues, and Soul Resources General References Autobiographies and Biographies Collective Biographies Discographies and Listening Guides Histories and Surveys Regional Studies Global Studies Photography III. Hip Hop/Rap Resources General References Autobiographies and Biographies Collective Biographies B-Boying/B-Girling Cinema, Journalism, and Media Communication, Language, Poetry, and Text Discographies and Listening Guides DJing and MCing Gender Histories and Surveys A. Regional Studies B. Global Studies Photography Politics Religion Sampling IV. Appendices A. Blues Web Sources and Periodicals General Web Sources for Blues Blues Museums, Foundations, and Societies Web Sources Individual Artist Websites Web Radio for Blues Blues Record Companies Journals, Magazines, and Periodicals B. Funk, Rhythm and Blues, and Soul Music Web Sources and Periodicals General Web Sources for Funk, Rhythm and Blues, and Soul Music Museums and Foundations Web Sources Journals, Magazines, and Periodicals C. Selected Hip Hop and Rap Web Sources, Magazines, and Periodicals General Web Sources for Hip Hop and Rap Journals, Magazines, and Periodicals Index About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Despite the influence of African American music and study as a worldwide phenomenon, no comprehensive and fully annotated reference tool currently exists that covers the wide range of genres. This much needed bibliography fills an important gap in this research area and will prove an indispensable resource for librarians and scholars studying African American music and culture.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Eddie S. Meadows.
- Title Variation
- Blues, funk, R & B, soul, hip hop, and rap
- Routledge music bibliographies