Ethnographic video online [electronic resource].
- English. Videos in many languages, with the majority in English; those not in English have subtitles in English. Transcripts in English.
- [Alexandria, Va.] : Alexander Street Press, c2010-
- Alexander Street Press.
- Intended to be a visual encyclopedia of human behavior and culture, online in streaming video. Contains classic and contemporary documentaries; previously unpublished footage from working anthropologists and ethnographers in the field; and select feature films. Includes footage from every continent and hundreds of unique cultures. Thematic areas include: language and culture, kinesthetics, body language, food and foraging, cooking, economic systems, social stratification and status, caste systems and slavery, male and female roles, kinship and families, political organization, conflict and conflict resolution, religion and magic, music and the arts, culture and personality, and sex, gender, and family roles.
- Database topics
- African Studies
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Asian Studies (East, South & Southeast Asia; Middle East)
- East Asia Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French and Italian Studies
- Islam and the Middle East
- Jewish Studies
- Race and Ethnicity
- Religious Studies
- Slavic and Eastern European Studies
- Social Sciences (General)
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Title appears on home page as: Welcome to Ethnographic video online
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2010.
- Alexander Street anthropology
- Streaming video files.
- Title from home page (viewed Mar. 15, 2010).
- Access limited to subscribing institutions.
- System requirements: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) or Firefox 3.0 (or higher); Adobe Flash Player 9 (or higher).
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.