Building communities and making connections
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Pub., 2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 258 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
LC191.9 .B855 2010
- Unknown LC191.9 .B855 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Building Communities and Making Connections" explores areas of academic and community engagement, through various studies that include community service learning, and the development and implementation of university programs that contain a community dimension. Academic endeavors have long been seen as separate from the realities of local and regional communities. This book closes the gap by looking at ways in which both academia and the communities its serves can collaborate to create authentic and applied learning environments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Susana Rivera-Mills and Juan Antonio Trujillo.