Bringing literacy home
- Newark, DE : International Reading Association, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 390 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LC151 .B74 2010
- Unknown LC151 .B74 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Family literacy or community learning?: some critical questions on perspective / Shirley Brice Heath
- Home is not where you live, but where they understand you / Nancy Frey
- The parental involvement process: implications for literacy development / Kathleen V. Hoover-Dempsey, Manya C. Whitaker
- Characteristics of three family literacy programs that worked / Lesley Mandel Morrow, Alan l. Mendelsohn, Melanie R. Kuhn
- Talking over books at home and in school / Nancy Roser
- Stories, facts, and possibilities: bridging the home and school worlds for nonmainstream students / Diane Lapp
- Teaching literacy in cultural context / Geneva Gay
- The role of family literacy programs in the school success or failure of African American families and children / Patricia A. Edwards
- Latino culture and schooling: reflections on family literacy with a culturally and linguistically different community / Flora V. Rodríguez-Brown
- Making the book talk: literacy in successful urban classrooms and communities / Gloria Ladson-Billings
- Making up for lost time: connecting inexperienced teenage readers with books / Gay Ivey
- Writing the next chapter in family literacy: clues to long-term effects / Jeanne R. Paratore ... [et al.]
- Cultivating new funds of knowledge through research and practice / Luis C. Moll, Julio Cammarota
- Considering time in the field of family literacy and in the lives of families / Catherine Compton-Lilly
- Rethinking family literacy through a critical lens: a focus on culturally and linguistically diverse families / Rosario Ordoñez-Jasis
- "I don't want you to die in your entire life. if you do I'll bring you flowers": words in families and word families at school / Denny Taylor.
- Publication date
- KaiLonnie Dunsmore and Douglas Fisher, editors.