Mass spectrometry [electronic resource] : a foundation course
- Downard, K. (Kevin)
- Cambridge : Royal Society of Chemistry, 2004.
- Physical description
- xvi, 210 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (Great Britain)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mass Spectrometry's Beginnings-- The Mass Spectrum-- The Mass Spectrometer-- Tandem Mass Spectrometry-- Organic Mass Spectrometry-- Ion Chemistry-- Biological Mass Spectrometry-- Mass Spectrometry in Medical Research-- Mass Spectrometry in the Environmental and Surface Sciences-- Accelerator Mass Spectrometry-- Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Mass Spectrometry: A Foundation Course is a textbook covering the field of mass spectrometry across the chemical, physical, biological, medical and environmental sciences. Sufficient depth is provided for the reader to appreciate the reasons behind and basis for particular experiments. It is uniquely and logically organised to enable the book to form the basis for a university course in mass spectrometry at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. This is achieved by combining specific core sections coupled to optional areas of study tailored to students of the chemical, physical, biological, medical and environmental sciences. Recommended course structures are provided in the front of the book. Dedicated chapters are included on: organic mass spectrometry; ion chemistry - to emphasise the role of mass spectrometry in fundamental chemistry and physics; biological mass spectrometry including proteomics; mass spectrometry in medicine, environmental and surface science and accelerator mass spectrometry, to emphasise the importance of these areas. Each chapter concludes with key references and additional recommended reading material, making the book an excellent springboard to further study. Highly readable, easy-to-use and logically presented, Mass Spectrometry: A Foundation Course is an ideal text for students and for those who work with mass spectrometers who wish to gain a solid understanding of the basics in modern mass spectrometry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Mass spectrometry.
- Publication date
- K. Downard.
- Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, England : Royal Society of Chemistry, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Apr. 21, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.