Russian mathematics education : history and world significance
- Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 387 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Series on mathematics education ; v. 4.
QA14 .R8 R87 2010
- Unknown QA14 .R8 R87 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Russian Mathematics Education Before the Revolution 1917 (T Polyakova)-- Soviet Mathematics Education in 1917-1956 (A Karp)-- Sixties Through Eighties (A Abramov)-- Challenges and Issues in Post-Soviet Mathematics Education (M Bashmakovi)-- Mathematicians and Mathematics Educators: Traditions of Collaboration (A Sossinsky)-- Soviet Influence on Mathematics Education in the Socialistic Countries (A Pardala et al.)-- Soviet and Russian Influences on Research in Mathematics Education (J Kilpatrick)-- Relevance of Russian Elementary Mathematics Education (J Schmittau)-- History of Mathematics Teacher Education (N Stephanova)-- Soviet and Russian Contribution to Mathematics Competitions (M Saul et al.)-- Developing an Agenda for Comparative Studies: the Example of Russia (B Vogeli).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This anthology, consisting of two volumes, is intended to equip background researchers, practitioners and students of international mathematics education with intimate knowledge of mathematics education in Russia. Volume I, entitled "The History and Relevance of Russian Mathematics Education", consists of several chapters written by distinguished authorities like Jeremy Kilpatrick and Bruce Vogeli. It examines the history of mathematics education in Russia and its relevance to mathematics education throughout the world. The second volume, entitled "Programs and Practices" will examine specific Russian programs in mathematics, their impact and methodological innovations. Although Russian mathematics education is highly respected for its achievements and was once very influential internationally, it has never been explored in depth. This publication does just that.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Alexander Karp, Bruce R. Vogeli.
- Series on mathematics education ; v. 4