- 2nd ed. / editor-in-chief, Charlene A. McQueen.
- Oxford : Elsevier, 2010.
- Physical description
- 14 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Library has: v.1-
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.1
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.2
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.3
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.4
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.5
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.6
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.7
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.8
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.9
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.10
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.11
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.12
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.13
RA1199 .C648 2010 V.14
- Library has: v.1-
- McQueen, Charlene A., 1947-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. General principles / volume editor, James Bond
- v. 2. Cellular and molecular toxicology / volume editor, Kenneth Ramos
- v. 3. Toxicology testing and evaluation / volume editor, James Lamb
- v. 4. Biotransformation / volume editor, F. Peter Guengerich
- v. 5. Immune system toxicology / volume editor, David Lawrence
- v. 6. Cardiovascular toxicology / volume editors, Mary Walker and Matthew Campen
- v. 7. Renal toxicology / volume editor, Rick Schnellmann
- v. 8. Respiratory toxicology / volume editor, Garold S. Yost
- v. 9. Hepatic toxicology / volume editors, Robert A. Roth and Patricia Ganey
- v. 10. Gastrointestinal toxicology / volume editor, Stephen Hooser
- v. 11. Reproductive and endocrine toxicology / volume editors, John Richburg and Patricia Hoyer
- v. 12. Developmental toxicology / Thomas Knudsen and George Daston
- v. 13. Nervous system and behavioral toxicology / Martin Philbert
- v. 14. Carcinogenesis / volume editor, Ruth Roberts.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is an explosive increase in the knowledge of the effects of chemical and physical agents on biological systems has led to an increased understanding of normal cellular functions and the consequences of their perturbations. The 14-volume second edition of "Comprehensive Toxicology" has been revised and updated to reflect new advances in toxicology research, including content by some of the leading researchers in the field. It remains the premier resource for toxicologists in academia, medicine, and corporations. "Comprehensive Toxicology Second Edition" provides a unique organ-systems structure that allows the user to explore the toxic effects of various substances on each human system, aiding in providing diagnoses and proving essential in situations where the toxic substance is unknown but its effects on a system are obvious. "Comprehensive Toxicology Second Edition" is the most complete and valuable toxicology work available to researchers today. It includes contents updated and revised to reflect developments in toxicology research. It is organized with a unique organ-system approach. It features full color throughout. It is available electronically on website, as well as in a limited-edition print version.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date