Teaching, learning, & assessment together : reflective assessments for middle & high school mathematics & science
- Ellis, Arthur K.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye on Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xviii, 141 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
QA11.2 .E45 2010
- Unknown QA11.2 .E45 2010
- Denton, David.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 137-141).
- TABLE OF CONTENTS Meet the Author Preface Guiding Icons Defined Strategy 1 - I Learned Strategy 2 - Think Aloud Strategy 3 - The Week in Review Strategy 4 - Post It Up Strategy 5 - Jigsaw Strategy 6 - Key Idea Identification Strategy 7 - Authentic Applications Strategy 8 - Parents on Board Strategy 9 - Search for Meaning Strategy 10 - I Can Teach Strategy 11 - Write It Down Strategy 12 - Learning Illustrated Strategy 13 - Clear and Unclear Windows Strategy 14 - Letting Questions Percolate Strategy 15 - Record Keeping Strategy 16 - Pyramid Discussion Epilogue References and Suggested Readings.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book offers easy-to-use classroom strategies for middle and high school Mathematics and Science classrooms. They demonstrate how teaching, learning, and assessment are inseparable and seamless. Each strategy will engage your students in activity and reflection, consuming little class time, costing nothing, and uniting the three dimensions of education through reflective practice. The chapters begin with a reflective teaching strategy, followed by classroom examples. Guiding icons will help you coordinate and implement each strategy. Chapters conclude with a set of learning community discussion questions to guide personal growth as well as faculty discussions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Arthur K. Ellis & David W. Denton.
- Title Variation
- Teaching, learning, and assessment together